The Canadian Peony Society Presents
The Totally Terrific Virtual Peony Festival
Jun 1 - Jul 18, 2020
The CPS Virtual Peony Show
Our Virtual Peony Show competition is open to Canadian Amateur Photographers only. Take your best shot, and submit it with the entry form below. We hope this will inspire young and old alike to get outdoors and into your the gardens.
Through a photo, we invite you to capture the images of how peonies inspire and enrich your LIVES. We are ENCOURAGING you to SHARE YOUR IMAGES of peonies in whichever category you like. all events are FREE.
Certificates will be awarded to the top three entries in each floral category, and your name will automatically be entered for a fun prize.
We need your help. We can’t do this without you!
Please take time to enter. If you have questions, send an email to email@example.com
Return to this website regularly to watch educational videos, Zoom presentations, floral designers sharing peony creations, speakers, and much more.
CPS Virtual Peony Show Entry Form
Please read Rules and Regulations below. You may select your category from the Entry Categories listed below. Each image you submit requires a separate entry.
CPS Virtual Peony Show Rules and Regulations (click to read)
- All entries are for Canadian residents only.
- Open to members and non-members of the Canadian Peony Society. You do not have to be a member.
- All entries must be taken in this year 2020.
- The show opens for submissions on June 1, 2020 and closes on July 18, 2020.
- There are three sections to this virtual festival. Please read the category list below for more information.
- Section A (1 to 7) has a limit of 10 entries per person.
- Section B (8-11) has a limit of 2 entries per person
- Section C (12-14) has a limit of 3 entries per person.
- All entries for Section A must be taken with the peony bloom growing on the peony shrub, not in a container.
- Section C may have the peony in a container or on a peony shrub.
- All entries must be taken by the person submitting them. All entries except floral design must be from their own garden.
- All entries must be by amateur photographers who do not make a living from being a photographer.
- Entries in Section A the first 20 categories are for named peonies only.
- If you do not know the name of your peony please enter it in the Unknown Beauties category (7).
- For Section B the Floral Design category all plant material must be natural, no artificial products. All types of flowers, grasses and branches are permitted but peonies should be dominant.
- The prizes for the categories are a certificate that will be emailed to you. Your winning entry will be published on our website peony.ca. and on our Facebook page.
- Certificates will be issued for first, second and third places in each category. If the judges deem that none of the entries in a category are acceptable then no certificate will be issued. The judges decision is final.
- Winners will be published on our website in September, 2020 and in our fall newsletter.
SECTION A – Single Peonies
(Limit of 10 entries per person in this section)
2. Semi Double
6. Tree Peony
7. Unknown Beauties
SECTION B – Peony Floral Design
(Limit of 2 entries per person for this section)
8. Oh Canada
-bring Canada’s red and white colours into your design
9. Mini Delight
-use your favourite 4 X 4 X 4 container
10. Monochromatic Madness
-show us one color, many varieties of peonies
11. Ikebana Summer
-interpret the ikebana style into your peony design
SECTION C – Virtual Peony Salon
(Limit of 3 entries per person for this section)
12. Best Peonies in a row
13. Best Peony Garden
14. Best Peony Landscape